Don’t forget to sign up for our CFS volleyball party this Friday 6pm at the Island (2233 S Geneva St, Denver, CO 80231). Admission is 10$ per person, this will be a very fun night! We would like to get 25-30 people signed up so we can get a few teams together and maybe have a friendly tournament! We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Please come support Jeffery H, Natalie V, and Shauna J on July 20th as they compete in their FIRST every CrossFit competition. They will be competing in the Rookie Games at CrossFit Julia (1849 Cherry St Unit 3 Louisville, CO 80027) all day Saturday. We will post details on their heat times once they are released!
If you have yet to try our FREE red rocks bootcamp please come this Sunday and check it out. We will be meeting at CFS at 7:30am and car pool up together. Feel free to bring your family and friends! We will be doing body weight exercises and utilizing all the ‘natural’ equipment (stairs/bleachers/hills/etc) RedRocks has to offer. See you Sunday!
B. emom – clean and split jerk tech work light x 3 – 6mins perfect form
10 box jumps step down
10 walking lunges
rest walk 3mins
12 air squats
9 HR pushups
Recipe of the Week- SFH Chocolate Banana NOatmeal
This is an AWESOME make ahead breakfast… High in protein and very convenient for your busy mornings! Awesome POST WOD meal!
- 2 Banana
- 6 Eggs
- 2 scoops chocolate SFH Whey/Recovery Protein Powder
- 1 cup of walnuts or hemp seeds
- 1 cup of pecans
- 2T of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 2 pinches of ground ginger
- 2 pinches of ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed, protein powder and spices to a food processor and pulse it down to a course grain, making sure to stop before it’s totally ground into a powder. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Then process together eggs, almond butter and almond milk in your food processor until the consistency thickens a little bit.
- Place banana mixture in a large bowl and slowly whisk in the nut mixture until both mixture are well incorporated together. Gently warm on the stove until it reaches your desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes. Stir the mixture frequently as it cooks.
- To rewarm, microwave desired amount (NO THIS IS NOT ONE SERVING) and then add fresh berries and almond or coconut milk before serving!
- This can be kept for up to five days sealed tight in the fridge.
- Please leave comments letting us know how you liked this and what variations you tried!