Recipe Of The Week!
Baked Sweet Potato Gnocci
w/ Spinach & Kale Pesto
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium size), peeled and chopped (about quarter size)
- 1 cup ricotta (yup… we are using cheese… just go with it!)
- 21⁄2 cups quinoa flour (have an additional 1/2 C on hand in case the dough needs a bit more)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
For Kale & Spinach Pesto-
- 1 cups chopped dinosaur kale, stalks removed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 garlic cloves (roast them if you are feelin’ fancy)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Big handful of walnuts (Or another nut… Macadamia nuts are AMAZING in this recipe.. just expensive!)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper (season to taste.. I like mine peppery)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Boil the diced sweet potatoes for about 10–15 minutes, until you can poke a fork through and they’re really soft.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, then pop them in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher or the back of a fork, try to get them as smooth as possible.
- Add your ricotta and quinoa flour and mix into a dough – if it’s not holding together, add up to an extra 1⁄2 cup of quinoa flour.
- When you have a dough-like consistency, roll it into 4-6 long tubes (about 1-1.5 inches thick.. the # of rolls can change based off of how large or small the sweet potatoes are). Then using a sharp paring knife cut 1.5-2 inch pieces from the long tubes.
6. Pop the gnocchi on the lined baking tray (dusted with some additional flour) and drizzle with a nice glug of extra-virgin olive oil.
7. Bake the gnocchi for 20–25 minutes or until they’re golden, then set them aside.
8. While the gnocchi are cooking, whip up the pesto. Pop everything into a food processor. If you like it chunky, pulse a little bit – if you prefer it smoother, pulse it a bit more.
9. Serve up the gnocchi, pour over the pesto and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
Recipe inspired by: http://foodmatters.tv/content/sweet-potato-gnocchi-with-kale-pesto-and-pine-nuts
7 Week Mobility Challenge
| 7 Green Lights |
A. Three sets of:
Bulgarian Split Squats x 8 reps each leg @ 3011
Rest 45 seconds between legs, 45 before moving on
Pronated-Grip Strict Pull-Ups x 5 reps @ 21X0
Rest 45 seconds
B. For time:
75 Double Unders
50 Wall Ball Shots (20/12 lbs)
50 Wall Balls (20/12 lbs)
75 Double Unders
BOOTCAMP RX CLASS:
WOD – Tabata!
Tabata for Lowest Score, 1 Minute rest between movements:
Row for Calories
MyZone: Pace/ Yellow
Rest 4 minutes.. then…
15 Jumping Squats
15 Jumping Lunges
MyZone: Sprint/ Red