Fitness Toy Drive!!
Starting December 1st – Ending December 20th, CrossFit Stapleton will be collecting fitness-focused items for this awesome Toy Drive!!
These items include: athletic shoes, athletic socks, footballs, basketballs, baseballs/softballs and bats, jump ropes, any lawn games, and just anything that will help get kids moving!
The age range of the kids we will be collecting items for:
We will be giving these items to Maple Star- provides specialized foster care and other services to families dealing with abuse, neglect and other high risk behaviors. the foster care and adoption services are provided for children who have been abused and/or neglected and have experienced extreme trauma. Maple Star is a great support for these children and their families to work towards safe and healthy changes.
ALSO CFS will be hosting their Naughty or Nice WOD on December 10th!!
This means bring friends and family to support athletes participating in this WOD!
More Details to Come!!
Happy Thanksgiving from CFS!!
Turkey Day Fun WOD!
Thanksgiving Dinner Prep – For Time w/ 3 Person Team:
Step #1 – Prep the Turkey:
150 Wall Balls
– This will be done in the Bootcamp room (rowers will stay over there!)
– Broken up however you like
– Two people may work on both movements at time (IE: one on WBs & one on the row)
BUT not on the same movement at once!
– MUST complete this before moving onto step #2
Step #2 – Make all the trips to the neighbors fridge:
150 Box Jumps
– Box Jumps will be set up in the open area towards the front of the gym
– Two people can work on pull-ups at a time and ONE person can work on box jumps at a times
– Teams MUST switch stations (IE: at least two people will swap stations) every 25 box jumps.
– MUST complete this before moving onto step #3
Step #3 – Serve the meal on time!
Team Big Loop Plate(s) Carry
– Carry 2 45# Plates around BOTH buildings
– ALL teammates must be inside the gym w/ both plates before the time stops!