Honey & Spice Winter Roasted Veggies (By. TayTay)
1 large red beet (about 1 1/2 cups worth- diced)
1 small butternut squash (about 2 cups worth- diced)
1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1.5 tablespoons herbs de provence
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
Pan Spray (Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel and dice (medium/1inch) your beets and squash. Be sure to remove your seeds from the squash!!
- Thinly slice your onion into strips and mix in with your squash and beets in a medium mixing bowl. Then set aside.
- In a small glass (or microwave save dish) mix together the first 3 ingredients for the glaze and microwave for 20 seconds (just enough to make the honey super runny).
- While the honey mixture is still hot add in the rest of the glaze ingredients and whisk together until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Toss the warm glaze into the medium bowl with the veggies. Mix well until veggies are coated well!
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with olive oil.
- Dump out the glazed veggie mix onto the prepped cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-40min or until squash is golden brown and slightly soft through the middle (be sure to turn veggies and move them around with a spatula every 10-15min to prevent burning!)
- Serve and ENJOY!!! Yay for winter veggies!!
Interval WOD- 12 min AMRAP:
30sec row (Kcals)
30sec box jump overs
30sec dips (ring, bar, box)
Score= TOTAL Reps
15 minute hand-balancing practice (Walks/HS Holds/HSPU/etc.)
BOOTCAMP RX CLASS:
Intervals – 5 Sets:
20 Wall Ball Burpees (20/14) – wall ball drop into burpee w/ hands on ball, back up into wall ball
10 KB Swings (55/35)
Rest 2 minutes in between each set